Red Rocks Credit Union recognizes that the Identity Theft threat is real. Our Information Systems department continuously maintains and upgrades internal systems to ensure our member accounts are safe and secure — both online and offline.
Our online banking login box is secure. Once you click "GO," your account number and password are sent to us using a secure socket layer (SSL). Your personal account information sent back to your personal computer is delivered through the same security socket layer. This means when your account information is sent to and from our system, it is jumbled incoherently as it travels to your computer.
It is also 128-bit encrypted which, in layman's terms, means it would take 1,000 computers 220,000 years to break in.
Physical access to our secure systems and network components is limited to authorized personnel only. A state-of-the-art firewall provides an even higher level of security for our member's accounts. When you log onto your account online, our website uses "cookies" (tiny notations placed on your computer system) to keep track of your member number and to ensure that your financial transactions are secure and authorized. When you exit home banking, the cookie is removed. This helps ensure that each home banking session is as secure and confidential as possible.
The only time your account information is accessible on the Internet is when you login to retrieve it. Once you exit Online Account Access your banking information disappears from the web. So, it is impossible for someone to simply hack into our website for member account information - they will not find any.
We strongly suggest that you apply the strong password standards for all of your online financial business.This includes:
- Create a password that includes a minimum of eight characters total with at least one capital, one lowercase, and one special character or number.
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts
- Use unique passwords, not a password on any common password lists
- Do not use passwords that are based on personal information
- Use pass phrases instead of passwords or single dictionary words
- Change passwords periodically
- Do not use passwords derived from strings of sequential number or letter or standard number substitions (i.e. '12345', 'qwerty' or 'p455word')
Red Rocks dedicates countless resources to help our members feel secure when banking online. We do so because we know that our current online members appreciate the ease and convenience of online banking. It enables you to monitor your account at any time, day or night and to conduct simple transactions such as money transfers, stop payments, check searching and more.